To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth (Photo: Brian J. Matis)
The $100 Startup is a new book released last week by Chris Gabrilleau. The title of the book give you the general idea of what the book aims to achieve. Is it possible to begin a business today with as little as $100. This is not geared toward creating the next instagram or facebook or twitter, but to ordinary people with an entrepreneurial desire showing ways that one can get started and interviewing many successful business people along the way.
I must confess I have not yet read the book, but I have purchased a copy and as soon as I get my delivery I will update you more thoroughly on the context. I took part in a promotional campaign for this book known as the $100 Startup Kit. For $100 you got not only the book but a bunch of digital products by other entrepreneurs ranging from productivity, to app development to small business structure. I have outlined the contents of the package below.
- “The $100 Startup” by Chris Guillebeau
- Creating, Marketing, and Designing A Blog That Matters ($40) by Corbett Barr
- Blogging From The Heart (eBook version) ($137) by Susannah Conway
- Identifying Your Passion Module + Workbook ($97) by Jonathan Mead
- Live Off Your Passion (lite) ($47) by Scott Dinsmore
- You Don’t Need A Job, You Need Guts ($40) by Ashley Ambirge
- Men With Pens Freelancer Package: Unbelievable Characters, Guest Posting Guide, Beyond Brick & Mortar eBooks ($70) by James Chartrand
- Tao of Awesome ($79) by Johnny B. Truant
- 30 Days of Courage (w/ Yoga Module) ($50) by Marianne Elliot
- Selling & Advertsing ($144) and Ethical Selling That Works ($97) by Pam Slim
- Double Your Ad Income ($47) by David Risley
- The Personal MBA Guide to Small Business Infrastructure ($49) by Joshua Kaufman
- How to Make iPhone Apps ($97) by Free the Apps
- Evernote Essentials ($25) by Brett Kelly
- Turning Your Hobby into a Career (download & audio program) ($51) by Alyson Stanfield
- Unconventional Guide to Publishing ($79) by Chris Guillebeau
- Think Outside the Cubicle by Scott Young (BONUS)
This is what I propose to do. I will take the $100 Startup challenge. The claim of this package is to put me in the right direction provided I take action. Consuming the information is not enough and taking action is the only way for any of us to be successful in any field, business or otherwise.
So here is what I propose in a nutshell. I intend to consume the information in my brand new $100 Startup package, take action and at the end of it have some sort of working business, all documenting it here. It has been a long time goal of mine to be financially self sufficient, let’s see where this takes me.